Now the doctor can see you at home.
Announcing doctor video visits from Montefiore FIRST.
Doctor video visits offer the convenience of face-to-face video visits with Montefiore doctors, from anywhere, on any device. They are a result of our ongoing commitment to provide access to state-of-the-art healthcare in ways that work best for our patients.
Doctor video visits are convenient and easy to schedule.
Doctor video visits are available for any adult or child.
- Start by calling your doctor’s office and you and your doctor will decide if a video visit is appropriate. If you need help finding a doctor, call 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683).
- If a video visit is appropriate, your appointment will be scheduled within minutes.
- You’ll receive an email to confirm your visit.
- Download and launch the Montefiore MyChart app on your IOS or Android device.
You can also log in using your desktop/laptop via mychart.montefiore.org.
- You can join your video visit up to 15 minutes before your appointment, and your doctor will join you at the scheduled time. Your visit will conveniently take place on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device from home or any place you may be. You can be assured that any information shared between you and your doctor will continue to be safe and secure. When you are ready for your appointment:
- Log in to your MyChart account
- Click on the visit alert link on the Welcome page screen to quickly jump into the video visit – OR – view your appointments in the Visits tab and select Details within the visit
- Read Visit Instructions
- Click Begin Video Visit and Check-in.
Doctor video visits through Montefiore are available on any device, via app or computer using Google Chrome or Firefox browsers. Your computer needs to have a working web camera, microphone, speakers and a high-speed internet connection. Headphones are recommended.
Common conditions that may be treated through doctor video visits
- Back Pain
- Joint or Muscle Pain
- Red Eye
- Respiratory Infections
- Sore Throat
- Sinus Problems
- Stomach Problems
- Urinary Problems
- Vaginal Irritation
- AND more!
During the video visit, your doctor will already have your chart in hand. Hearing about your symptoms, being able to ask you real-time questions and knowing your medical history will help your doctor during diagnosis.
Video visits cannot be used for annual physical exams and annual gynecological exams or visits that require x-rays. If you have questions about whether a video visit is right for you at this time, speak with your doctor’s office. If you need help finding a doctor, call 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683).
About Cost and Insurance Coverage
Your insurance provider may cover the cost of your doctor video visit as many providers now offer telemedicine service coverage for adults and children. You should verify that you have specific benefit coverage for telemedicine services under your benefit plan. Contact your doctor’s office to determine if a video visit is covered by your insurance. We also recommend speaking with your insurance provider directly if you have questions about your coverage.
If your insurance plan is accepted, we’ll collect your out-of-pocket responsibility for an office visit at the time of your video visit check-in. We’ll then bill your insurance for the remaining balance as we would a regular in-person office visit. You will be billed for any remaining balance not covered by your insurance.