Alexis D. Boro, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- SUNY Health Sciences at Stony Brook
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Physician, Montefiore Medical Center
- Clinical Focus
- Providing clinical care for adolescents and adults with epilepsy, including those who are potential candidates for epilepsy surgery and in diagnosing "spells" of uncertain etiology.
- Research Focus
- Dr. Boro's research interests include photosensitive epilepsy, the autonomic effects of seizures and EEG monitoring in the critically ill.
Dr. Alexis D. Boro coordinates the Epilepsy Surgery program at Montefiore Medical Center and oversees epilepsy fellowship education and the epilepsy clinical trials program. He has been an Investigator for studies involving the safety, tolerability and efficacy of a variety of epilepsy drugs. He is a co-investigator (EEG Core) of the Epilepsy Phenome/Genome Project, an international NIH funded project investigating the causes and inheritance of epilepsy and the determinants which anti-seizure medications will work best for a given individual.
Dr. Boro’s primary interest is in providing care for adolescents and adults with epilepsy. His practice focuses on tailoring the evaluation and the treatment of epilepsy to meet the needs of the individual, from the diagnosis of "spells" of uncertain etiology, addressing quality-of-life issues in epilepsy, to medical and surgical therapies.
Dr. Boro completed medical school and internship at SUNY Stony Brook. He was resident and chief resident of Neurology at the the Mt. Sinai Medical Center. He joined the faculty at Montefiore Medical Center /Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2003 after completing a fellowship in Epilepsy and Neurophysiology there.