Madhur K. Garg, MD, MBA
- Radiation Oncology
- Practice Specialty
- Radiation Oncology (Cancer), Cancer - Brain, Cancer - Head and Neck, Cancer - Urological (Prostate, Bladder, Kidney, Testicular)
- Medical Education
- King George Medical College
- Kings George Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center
- Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Professor, Radiation Oncology and Otolaryngology
- Administrative Title
- Clinical Director, Radiation Oncology; Co-Director, Stereotactic Radiosurgery Program
- Clinical Focus
- Advanced technologies in radiation oncology with a focus on stereotactic targeting, functional imaging and adaptive planning.
- Research Focus
- Translational research involving anti-angiogenesis and radiosensitivity. Dr. Garg is a principal investigator of several national and international research studies involving novel cancer treatment modalities and is actively involved in quality of life and healthcare disparities issues for cancer patients.
Madhur Garg earned his medical degree at King George’s Medical College and completed his residency in radiation oncology at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago and Montefiore in New York City. He also completed a specialized fellowship at Wayne State University in Detroit.
Dr. Garg is the recipient of the prestigious American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Young Investigator's Award and the Department of Defense Physician Research Award. He is listed as one of the “New York Top Doctors,” “America’s Top Oncologists” and “Best Doctors in America.”
Dr. Garg serves on several Montefiore and Einstein committees, as well as international societies such as the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American College of Radiology and the American Society for Radiation Oncology. He is on the review boards for several journals, including International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics.