Yolanda Rivas, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
- Medical Education
- University of Carabobo, Venezuela
- SUNY Downstate
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Director, Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Fellowship Program; Director of Endoscopy, Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Clinical Focus
Dr. Rivas’ clinical and academic interests include interventional endoscopy, pancreatico-biliary disorders in pediatrics and polyposis syndromes.
- Research Focus
Dr. Rivas investigates the latest endoscopic interventional techniques which are dedicated to developing novel interventions which avoid surgery and improve outcomes in children with complex diseases such as biliary atresia, bile duct abnormalities, esophageal strictures, gastrointestinal bleeding and polyposis syndromes.
- Dr. Rivas graduated from the University of Carabobo School of Medicine in Valencia, Venezuela, where she also spent her internship. After serving as a surgery assistant at Guerra Mendez Medical Center in Valencia, Dr. Rivas completed her Pediatric Residency at SUNY Health Science Center in Brooklyn and her Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Fellowship at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore. She directs the Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Fellowship Program at The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore.