David M. Hirsh, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Joint Replacement
- Medical Education
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Jacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Professor, Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery
- Administrative Title
- Director, Center for Joint Replacement Surgery
- Clinical Focus
- Non-operative and operative treatment for problems of arthritis of the hip and knee.
- Research Focus
- Pain control after total knee replacement surgery; improved management and surgery of infected joint replacement; and the biomaterials used in joint replacements of the hip and knee.
Dr. Hirsh attended Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1963. He completed his surgical internship at Montefiore Medical Center and his Orthopaedic Residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Jacobi Hospital. He continued in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery after his traveling fellowship in the United Kingdom.
Dr Hirsh is a well known expert in the field of Joint Reconstruction of the Hip and Knee. He is well researched on such topics as treatment of total joint replacement infections, and cartilage degradation and regeneration in arthritis. He has published, and presented in the field of Joint Replacement. A well experienced surgeon, Dr Hirsh is also actively involved in the education of Medical Students and in the training of Orthopedic Residents in techniques of Joint Replacement Surgery.
Dr. Hirsh is a Fellow of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and affiliated with the following organizations: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Eastern Orthopaedic Association, New York Academy of Medicine, New York State Orthopaedic Society.
He has also received the Best Doctors award from New York Magazine, is listed among the Top Doctors by Castle Connolly, and also received the Alumni Faculty Award from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He is listed among "The Best Doctors in America" and as a preferred provider by the Center for the Study of Services.