- Practice Specialty
- Cardiology (Heart), Interventional Cardiology (Heart)
- Medical Education
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Brigham & Women's Hosp. Boston
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Main Location
Montefiore Medical Center
111 East 210th Street
Bronx, NY 10467-2401
Phone: (718) 904-3457
Fax: (718) 918-1984
Get Directions | View Map
- Administrative Title
- Associate Director, Structural and Valvular Heart Disease
- Clinical Focus
- Cardiac catheterization, hemodynamics, percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), aortic and mitral balloon valvuloplasty, atrial septal defect and patent foramen ovale closure, intracardiac echocardiography, alcohol septal ablation, pericardiocentesis, endomyocardial biopsy of native and transplanted hearts, paravalvular leak closure, pulmonary vein stenosis, left ventricular pseudoaneurysm closure
- Research Focus
- index of microvascular resistance in microvascular dysfunction, biomarkers and genetics of calcific aortic stenosis, quality issues in TAVR, intravenous infusion of biologics for the treatment of atherosclerosis
- Percutaneous closure of a left ventricular pseudoaneurysm after Sapien XT transapical transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Bortnick AE, Gordon E, Gutsche J, Anwaruddin S, Szeto WY, Desai N, Vallahabjoyula P, Bavaria JE, Herrmann HC. JACC Interventions, in press.
- Procedural and clinical outcomes of the valve-in-valve technique for severe aortic insufficiency after balloon-expandable transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Giri J, Bortnick AE, Wallen T, Walsh E, Bannan A, Desai N, Szeto WY, Bavaria J, Herrmann HC. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2012 Jul 1;80(1):139-47.
- Support of the failing left ventricle: extracorporeal life support plus blade and balloon atrioseptostomy as an alternative option. Bortnick AE. J Interv Cardiol. 2012 Feb;25(1):68-70.
- Bortnick AE, Silvestry F, Herrmann HC. “Intracardiac Echocardiography” in Percutaneous Interventional Cardiovascular Medicine: the PCR-EAPCI Textbook, Europa Edition, Paris, 2012.
Dr. Anna E. Bortnick graduated Summa Cum Laude from Chestnut Hill College where she earned the St. Catherine’s Medal, the college’s highest honor for leadership and service. She completed her MD and PhD in Cardiovascular Biology at Drexel University College of Medicine, graduating with recognition from the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. She was the recipient of the Dean Rubin award for achievement in Academic and Clinical Medicine.
Dr. Bortnick completed her Internal Medicine residency at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, then fellowships in General and Interventional Cardiology at the University of Pennsylvania where she trained in interventional approaches to structural heart disease. She joined Montefiore Medical Center as the Associate Director for Structural and Valvular Heart Disease in 2012.