Paul Gittens, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Reproductive Endocrinology, Urology
- Medical Education
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hosp -Dept. of Surgery
- Board Certified
- Main Location
Montefiore Weiler Hospital
1825 Eastchester Road
Bronx, NY 10461-2301
Phone: (718) 920-5402
Fax: (718) 547-2902
Get Directions | View MapMontefiore Hutchinson Metro Practice
1200 Waters Place
Bronx, NY 10461-2728
Phone: (718) 975-4250
Fax: (718) 975-5443
Get Directions | View Map
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Urology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Director of Sexual Dysfunction, Male Infertility and Andrology, Montefiore Medical Center
- Clinical Focus
- Erectile and sexual dysfunction, penile prosthesis, men’s sexual health, male infertility, microscopic vasectomy reversal, microscopic varicocelectomy, testosterone and hormone replacement, Peyronie’s disease, and general urology.
- Research Focus
- Dr. Gittens is actively pursuing research in male and female reproduction, penile prosthesis and several different elements of sexual health.
Dr. Paul Gittens is a graduate of Syracuse University, in Syracuse NY. He went on to complete a urology residency at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA where he served as chief resident. Following his residency he was selected to one of the highest regarded fellowships at Baylor College of Medicine in male reproductive medicine and surgery. While there he was trained in the techniques of microscopic vasectomy reversal, the penile implant and microscopic varicocelectomy. He also treated thousands of men with fertility difficulties, sexual dysfunction and Peyronie’s disease.
Dr. Gittens has worked internationally and is an active member of the American Urological Association, International Society of Sexual Medicine, Sexual Medicine Society of North America, Philadelphia Area Reproductive Endocrine Society, and American Society of Reproductive Medicine. He has made significant contributions to the urological literature through publications, as a lecturer, and as a reviewer of textbooks and an international journal.