Education & Training
Seven to eight positions are available each year in the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program at Montefiore Medical Center in New York.
How to Apply
Application materials for positions that begin on July 1, 2010 will be downloaded by the program beginning December 1, 2008. Appointments for the fellowship program are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applicants must register through the NRMP.
- To apply to the program, visit the ERAS website at www.aamc.org/eras
The following documents are required for program acceptance consideration:
- Common application form
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (i.e. USMLE, COMLEX, etc)
- Dean's letter
- Your current program director's letter of recommendation
- Two additional letters of recommendation
- Your curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from a medical school outside of the United States)
- A copy of your medical school diploma
*Paper applications are not accepted for fellowship positions.
- Interview appointments are made directly through the fellowship program's coordinator. Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Montefiore Medical Center for personal interviews with both program directors and selected faculty members. Interviews are conducted in February, March and April of each year before the match date.