Elder Care Professional Training Programs
Geriatrics - Fellowship - Training Sites - New York City - Montefiore Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center Geriatrics Acute Care Service
- Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Geriatrics Ambulatory Practice
Fellows are assigned a continuity panel of patients for whom they are the primary provider. The fellows' practice is integrated into the Einstein Division of Geriatrics Faculty Practice, in our state-of-the-art Medical Arts Pavilion located on the Montefiore campus.
- Robert and Joyce Menschel Geriatric Home Visiting Program
Fellows are assigned a continuity panel of patients for whom they are the primary provider. The Home Visiting Program provides comprehensive medical care to frail, homebound older adults in the Bronx. Home visits are made with the interdisciplinary program faculty, and care is discussed at monthly meetings.
- King's Harbor Multicare Center
King's Harbor provides long-term and short-term skilled nursing care for more than 700 residents in the Bronx and is the primary site for geriatrics fellowship training in long term care and subacute care for older adults.
- Margaret Tietz Center for Nursing Care
The Margaret Tietz Center for Nursing Care is a 200-bed facility in Flushing, Queens, which is dedicated to the care of concentration camp survivors, and has also been a primary site for education and training of geriatrics fellows.
- Additional Training Sites
Fellows also rotate at clinical practices and research facilities affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and other community sites.
Our mission is to provide comprehensive geriatric care to community dwelling elderly within the framework of Geriatrics Fellowship training. The Geriatric practice stresses a multi-disciplinary approach towards patient care. The goal is to maintain our patients independently in the community as long as is possible. The evaluation is tailored to the individual patient and includes a complete history and physical exam, a mental status exam, functional status assessment, psychosocial history and discussion about advanced directives.
- Advancements in Aging - Summer 2014
- Moses and Einstein Campus Residency Programs
- Moses and Einstein Campus Fellowship Program
- Wakefield Campus Fellowship Programs
- Undergraduate Medical Education