Nuclear Medicine Academic Accomplishments
The Division of Nuclear Medicine has extensive activities in patient care, research and teaching. Among other things, division members' research activities have contributed to the use of nuclear medicine in the study of kidney disease, cancer and immunoimaging. Among our many noteworthy academic accomplishments is:
- The recent launch of a major initiative in the use of PET/CT imaging—one of the newest and most advanced nuclear medicine imaging techniques—in the differential diagnosis of cancer which promises to revolutionize the diagnosis of cancer.
- The numerous national and international awards earned by members of the division, including:
- NIH Physician Scientist Training Award
- Distinguished Education Award of the Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Honorary Corresponding Member of the Gisselschaft fur Nuklearmedizin, Honorary Life
- Member of the Pan American Medical Association
- Honorary Professor of Medicine of Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, Peoples Republic of China
- Sarabhai Memorial Oration Award Society of Nuclear Medicine, India
- Berson-Yalow Award of the Greater New York Chapter of the Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Lifetime Achievement Award at the International Society for Radionuclides in Nephrology.
- Establishment of a new facility, The M. Donald Blaufox Laboratory for Molecular Imaging, which is devoted to animal models of human disease using a state of the art microPET scanner.