Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
How Our Program Works
Free Relationship Workshops
Strengthen your relationship and feel empowered as a couple!
Find out more about how we can help you achieve your relationship goals.
Please call 914-268-7933 for information.
A team of psychologists leads the Supporting Healthy Relationships Program at Montefiore. Together with other trained experts, you and your significant other can explore ways to keep your relationship healthy and your family finances strong. We offer couples insight on how to:
- Talk about tough topics
- Bond as a couple
- Listen and be heard
- Manage stress
- Handle conflict
- Manage finances
- Work together toward financial and career goals
- Gain parenting skills
- Have fun as a family unit
Our program also provides:
- A enjoyable and interactive way to strengthen both your family and finances
- A relaxed place to meet other couples
- Tools to help you manage conflict and enjoy life
- Counseling to couples in distress
- Employment services to help families stay together and stay strong
Other services include:
- Free weekly relationship workshops on such topics as preventing harmful fights, staying close, managing stress, fun and play, and compromise
- Free couple-focused employment assessment, job search assistance, career counseling and job clubs
- Free extended activities, such as Game Night sand Movie Nights
- Free monthly workshops on such topics as parenting and stress management
- Free men’s and women’s groups
- Free individualized relationship assistance and information about other valuable programs and services at Montefiore and in the community
- Free Metrocards for transportation to meetings, plus additional incentives for attending sessions and events
For more information: Call 914-268-7933 to talk to a Supporting Healthy Relationships recruiter. Free transportation and childcare available.