To apply to the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program, you must:
- Have successfully completed three years of an ACGME accredited postgraduate program in internal medicine in the United States or Canada prior to the date on which his/her fellowship would begin and have passed the USMLE Step III by January of the year you would begin the program to ensure licensure.
- International Medical Graduates who have a valid certificate from the ECFMG or a full and unrestricted license to practice in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction, or Graduates of an LCME approved 5th Pathway Program.
General Admissions Requirements
Medical hematology/oncology fellowships are open to U.S. citizens, permanent U.S. immigrants and international applicants as follows:
- Montefiore Medical Center supports ECFMG J-1 visa sponsorship for fellows enrolled in graduate medical education. Montefiore Medical Center will support an H-1B temporary work visa.
Program Appointment Contract
Appointments into the program are confirmed in a formal written letter of appointment from the Program Director and Associate Program Director at Montefiore Medical Center. This letter, after which you will be asked to sign and return, constitutes your accepting a fellowship appointment to Montefiore Medical Center.
Take the Hematology-Oncology Fellowship Program Virtual Tour
See why so many applicants choose Montefiore-Einstein
- Diseases and Conditions
- Services and Treatments
- Research and Clinical Trials
- About Our Teams
- Hematology Oncology Fellowship
- Research Programs
- Radiation Oncology Residency Program
- Therapeutic Medical Physics Residency Program
- Continuing Medical Education Programs
- Contact Us