Create an Apple ID
What is an Apple ID?
An Apple ID is your user name for everything you do with Apple: Shop the iTunes and App Store, enable iCloud on all your devices, buy from the Apple Online Store, access the Apple Support website, and more. To create an Apple ID without providing Credit Card information we recommend installing the Citrix receiver, an app that is necessary for use with the Montefiore Portal. If you already have the Citrix receiver installed, you can perform this process with selecting any other free App.
- Navigate to the App Store from your Home Screen:
- Tap Search from the bar at the bottom of the screen:
- Perform a search for Citrix receiver in the App Store:
- Tap the GET button, then tap INSTALL:
- Select Create New Apple ID:
- Select United States and tap Next:
- Tap Agree on the following window:
- Provide the information that is being requested
- Use your Montefiore email credentials (email address and password) to match your username and password for the Apple ID credentials (e.g. - your apple ID will be: XXXXX@montefiore.org)
- If you decide to provide a rescue email address, you will be required to log into that email address in addition to the primary one you provided in order to activate your new Apple ID.
- We recommend opting out of subscribing to emails options.
- When completed, tap Next:
- For the Billing Information section, select None:
- Although you are not required to provide a Credit Card type or number, it is required that you fill out the Billing Address information that is requested. We recommend you use your business address. When Complete, tap Next:
- Tap Done on the next screen:
- After you have finalized the Apple ID creation process go to your Inbox and follow the email verification link send by Apple to confirming the account (and rescue email address if you decided to provide one). Then, sign into the iTunes Store with your new credentials: