- Travel: If you have recently traveled to China or other parts of the world where the outbreak is prevalent, been in close contact with someone who traveled to those countries and has any of the above symptoms - contact your healthcare provider right away. [this language has been taken directly from Montefiore’s website]
- Insert details about having interacted with those who may have been infected, or recently have traveled outside the country
Who Is At Risk [Taken From Cdc]
People who are at most risk for severe illness are older adults or those who have chronic health conditions, such as
- Lung disease
- Heart disease
- A weakened immune system
*Insert details about the importance of young people taking this seriously, as even though they may recover quickly, there is a chance they can spread it to those that are at severe risk.
- Insert details about symptoms
- Insert details on Montefiore screener when/if available
*Insert info-graphic of the progression of symptoms and when it’s time to call 911 or get to an ER
When to Seek Emergency Care
a. Insert details here
Do you think you have Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Important Reminder: this is a highly contagious virus, if you have been exposed or are experiencing symptoms it is not recommended that you enter a health care facility potentially exposing many other individuals [recommend adding language: unless it is urgent or emergent, or recommended by your doctor].
- Start by taking Montefiore-Einstein’s screener, or call your doctor or 911 and let them know about your symptoms and recent travel history.
- Call ahead before going in person to any Montefiore location.
- Don’t go to your local emergency department for COVID-19 testing. The emergency department is only for those who need the most critical care.* *If you have more severe symptoms such as [insert details i.e. chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, severe headache] or life-threatening conditions, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department. For questions, call the Montefiore COVID-19 Hotline [insert number here if available] or, 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683).
For additional information and updates on COVID 19, visit these sites or call the resources below:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- National Institutes of Health
- New York City, call 311 or the New York State Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- Outside of New York City, call (212) 639-9675 that's (212) NEW-YORK
- Health Providers—call DOH Coronavirus Hotline: 866-692-364.
- How can I get tested?
As a first step, please take the Montefiore COVID-19 screener. Click here for the screener [insert hyperlink to screener when available]. Insert next step here.
- How is the test given?
- How long does it take to get the results?
- Are you required to be quarantined while waiting on the results?
Insert response including the difference between quarantine, isolation and shelter in place.