Rafi Kabarriti, MD
- Radiation Oncology
- Practice Specialty
- Radiation Oncology (Cancer), Cancer - Gastrointestinal (Colorectal), Cancer - Head and Neck
- Medical Education
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Physician, Radiation Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center
- Clinical Focus
- Treatment of head and neck, gastrointestinal and other cancer types, and use of advanced technologies in radiation oncology including image guidance, stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS).
- Research Focus
- Novel therapeutics for the monitoring and management of radiation-induced toxicities using the liver as a model; Integration of radiation therapy with immunotherapy agents to produce a strong anti-tumor systemic immune response.
Rafi Kabarriti, MD, is a cum laude graduate of Columbia University with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry and economics.
Dr. Kabarriti earned his medical degree at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed a residency in internal medicine at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center and a residency in radiation oncology at Montefiore Medical Center, where he was chief resident in the Department of Radiation Oncology.
Dr.Kabarriti is the recipient of the 2014 Young Investigator Award given by the Conquer Cancer Foundation and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. In addition, his abstracts have been selected for oral presentations at national and international meetings including the annual meetings of the American Society for Radiation Oncology. Dr. Kabarriti is author and co-author of articles published in peer-reviewed journals including the International Journal of Radiation Oncology•Biology•Physics, Hepatology International, and PLoS One.