Alexander H. Hogan, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Academic Title
- Administrative Title
- Fellow, pediatric hospitalist
- Clinical Focus
- Alexander Hogan, MD, focuses on asthma, bronchiolitis and IV fluid management.
- Research Focus
- Through the Clinical Research Training Program, Dr. Hogan is investigating the rates and consequences of medical radiation exposure, in neonates and infants. His research is comparing infants born prematurely to term infants.
Alexander H. Hogan, MD, was the second pediatric hospitalist fellow at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore. In 2007, he graduated from Williams College, where he majored in English literature. He was accepted into the Mount Sinai School of Medicine via the Humanities and Medicine Program and graduated in 2012.
Dr. Hogan completed his pediatric residency through the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in 2015. There he served as a clinical educator, teaching medical students and residents in morning reports and on the inpatient units. He was also a clinical teaching associate in the Center for Physician Assistant Studies at Johnson & Wales University. Dr. Hogan and three other residents created a digital textbook for the inpatient pediatric wards to aid in teaching medical students, residents and families. His findings were presented at the annual Pediatric Academic Societies meeting in 2015.
During his fellowship, Dr. Hogan is focusing on developing his skills in research methods, quality improvement and medical education. Upon completion of the Clinical Research Training Program, he will obtain a Master of Science Degree in Clinical Research Methods.