Montefiore in the News
Montefiore Partners with Bronx Breathes to Celebrate The Great American Smokeout Nov. 17
- November 15, 2011
Free Nicotine Patches, Gum and Quit-Smoking Literature to be Distributed Nov. 17 at Eight Montefiore Sites
BRONX, NY (November 15, 2011) -- Every year, on the third Thursday in November, smokers across the nation take part in the American Cancer Society's Great American Smokeout by smoking less or quitting for the day.
Montefiore Medical Center is collaborating with Bronx Breathes, the American Cancer Society, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Bronx Community Health Network to celebrate The Great American Smokeout 2011 on Thursday, Nov. 17.
Public health experts at Montefiore describe smoking as a "preventable epidemic". The smoking rate in the Bronx is 15-20 percent higher than anywhere else in New York City.
Free nicotine patches, gum, and quit smoking literature will be available Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the following Montefiore locations:
- Moses Division, 111 East 210th. St., inside the Food Pavilion
- North Division, 600 East 233rd St., outside the Cafeteria
- Weiler Division, 1825 Eastchester Road, 4th floor Cafeteria
- Family Health Center, 360 E. 193rd St.
- Bronx East, 2300 Westchester Ave.
- Comprehensive Family Care Center, 1621 Eastchester Road
- Comprehensive Health Care Center, 305 E. 161st St.
For more information, contact Bronx Breathes at (718) 430-2601.