Patients & Visitors
Peter F. Belamarich, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Pediatrics, Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
- Medical Education
- Boston University
- Brookdale Med. Center
- Babies Hospital (Columbia)
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Associate Professor, Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Vice Chair, Affiliate and Network Relations, Children’s Hospital at Montefiore; Medical Director, Comprehensive Family Care Center (CFCC), Montefiore Medical Group
- Clinical Focus
- General Pediatrics, Nutrition, Lipid disorders-cholesterol.
Peter F. Belamarich, MD, is Pediatric Medical Director at Montefiore’s Comprehensive Family Care Center. His clinical focus is on the care of both well-children and the care of children with chronic medical problems.
Dr. Belamarich earned his Bachelor of Arts in 1979 from Boston University, followed by his Doctor of Medicine at the same institution in 1983. He started his postdoctoral training at Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, completing an internship and residency in 1985, and becoming Chief Resident of Pediatrics from 1985 to 1986. In 1989, he completed a three-year fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Columbia University.
Dr. Belamarich’s current research interest focuses on optimizing those elements of the well-child visit that offer the greatest health benefits to children. He has presented his work nationally and internationally, and his work has been published in many prominent journals.
Since 2009, Dr. Belamarich has been recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor. He is board certified, a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and a member of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association.