Patients & Visitors
Mindy B. Statter, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Pediatrics - Surgery
- Medical Education
- Emory University School of Medicine
- University of Illinois at Chicago Med. Ctr.
- University of Michigan Medical Center
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Associate Professor of Surgery
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Surgeon, Division of Pediatric Surgery
- Clinical Focus
- Mindy Statter, MD specializes in neonatal surgery, pediatric surgery and trauma.
- Research Focus
- Dr. Statter gained over 10 years of dedicated pediatric surgery experience at the University of Chicago. She joins Montefiore’s multidisciplinary pediatric team in surgery, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and pediatric radiology. She strongly believes
- Upon earning her medical degree at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. Statter completed a general surgery residency at the University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago. During her residency, she spent two years at Massachusetts General Hospital as a surgical research fellow in the Department of Pediatric Surgery with an appointment as a visiting scientist at the biotechnology company Biogen Idec. Dr. Statter completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. In 1992, she joined the faculty at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine as an Assistant Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics and became an Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics in 2006. In 2009, she completed a one-year surgical ethics fellowship at the MacLean Center for Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago, and she subsequently joined the MacLean Center faculty. Dr. Statter is board certified in general surgery, pediatric surgery and surgical critical care and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Pediatrics as well as a member of the American Pediatric Surgical Association.