Preeti Viswanathan, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
- Medical Education
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- Miami Childrens Hospital
- Children's Hospital at Montefiore
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Physician, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Clinical Focus
General gastroenterology, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, eosinophilic esophagitis, therapeutic and diagnostic endoscopy.
- Research Focus
Dr. Viswanathan’s research focuses on mechanisms in liver cell injury with a focus on oxidative stress, DNA damage and inflammation. Dr. Viswanathan is investigating mechanisms that contribute to drug induced liver failure, particularly acetaminophen, as well as progression of NAFLD, such that appropriate therapeutic targets can be identified.
- Tamil, Hindi, Kannada
- Dr. Viswanathan received her Medical training at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences in Bangalore, India. She then completed her Pediatric Residency at Miami Children’s Hospital and her fellowship at The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore. She has presented her research at national meetings and has received the Best Research Award at Pediatric Research Day Children’s Hospital at Montefiore 2011.