Blue Light Cystoscopy
Improved Bladder Cancer Detection
The Department of Urology at Montefiore is one of only three hospitals in New York City offering blue light cystoscopy, a unique FDA-approved technology used to detect bladder cancer.
Also known as Cysview®, this enhanced imaging procedure helps our doctors find bladder tumors more efficiently than standard cystoscopy, which can often miss small tumors.
In the images below, the bladder tumor is essentially invisible under white light (left). With Cysview, the tumor can clearly be seen under blue light (right).
Bladder image of hard-to-see tumor using traditional method
Bladder image of hard-to-see tumor using blue light method
When used along with the traditional method, this new technology:
- Improves detection so your doctor can see and remove more cancerous tumors
- Allows better disease management by removing more tumors
Benefits of blue light cystoscopy include:
- Imaging of bladder tumors using a molecular tool
- Better tumor visibility and more complete removal
- Decreased rates of tumor recurrence
- Allows for more informed and effective patient management decisions
- Potentially reduces overall cost of treatment
Have questions? Need an appointment? Call us at 718-920-4531 (adults) or 718-920-7497 (children) to get the care you need.