Patients and Visitors
We ask visitors to follow these guidelines to ensure that the patient environment remains safe, calm and supportive of healing.
- Plan to visit during regular visiting hours.
- Two (2) visitors per bedside.
- Please cooperate with all requests from hospital staff. There may be times when visitors are asked to temporarily leave a patient's room or change locations while a patient is being attended to.
- No smoking.
- Children under 10 years of age must be given special permission by the nurse in charge to visit the particular unit.
- Children, for their safety, need to
- Be always under adult supervision and exhibit quiet, calm behavior
- Be well and healthy
- Limit their visiting time
- Visit in a designated area, if asked.
- Safeguard your valuables, such as purses.
- Protect and respect the privacy of all patients.
- Be sensitive to the patient's condition (and their roommate's) and limit the visit accordingly.
- Speak quietly and help limit noise.
- Do not bring any electrical appliance into the hospital.
- Check whether cell phone use is permitted in your area, as they may interfere with medical equipment.
- Follow staff instructions in times of emergency or special alert.
- Be aware that Montefiore Medical Center reserves the right to inspect bags and packages being brought into or removed from one of its hospitals.