Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Stipend and Benefits
|Program graduates outside the Valentine-Varian House/Museum of Bronx History during a tour of the Bronx
For Internship Year 2017-2018
- Current stipend is $40,000 per year
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 8 hospital holidays
- Up to 5 conference days and up to $2000 conference support (if presenting)
- Educational resource allowance of $500, which can be used toward purchasing textbooks, software, PDA devices, iPhones, iPads, e-readers, payment of professional society membership dues, etc.
- $15.75/day x 6 days/week to supplement the cost of meals
- Subsidized housing in Montefiore apartment buildings may be available (Note: demand currently exceeds supply, so housing cannot be guaranteed).
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, with a variety of program choices
- Interns have their own offices with computers and high-speed Internet access during their outpatient rotations; office space and computers with high-speed Internet access are readily available during all other rotations
- Interns are assigned a Montefiore email address
- Interns are given voicemail-equipped pagers
- Interns have full use of Montefiore and Albert Einstein College of Medicine libraries, including free interlibrary loan and online access to full-text journals and e-books
- Interns have access to our large audio/visual library of psychology training materials and digital audio and video recording equipment