Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Wakefield Recovery Center
The Wakefield Recovery Center, located at our Montefiore Wakefield Campus, has a long history of providing private, compassionate and supportive care for individuals on their road to recovery. Our mission is to help adults establish and maintain abstinence, overcome the effects of alcohol and substance use and develop a sober and satisfying life.
Substance use is a disease – not a psychological or physical weakness—and every person is at a different stage of addressing and coping with it. Our multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, social workers, and counselors (many of whom provide bilingual services) work together to customize every treatment plan in order to meet our patients' unique needs.
A Broad Range of Services and Specialized Programs to Meet Every Need
Wakefield Recovery Center Hours
Walk-in appointments available between 8:30am - 4:00pm.
Our patients receive a thorough assessment, counseling (individual, group, and family), referrals to additional or alternative resources when appropriate, and assistance locating appropriate to community resources.
Group discussions focus on relapse prevention, illness in recovery, smoking cessation, wellness and domestic violence. Additionally, we offer a specialized Drinking Drivers Program and Legal Mandate for those referred for an assessment and/or treatment following an arrest while under the influence. Our specially trained counselors work closely with the DWI program of the criminal court system and other legal agencies. We also offer specialized support groups are offered for women, seniors, and Spanish speaking individuals.
Our comprehensive, NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) -licensed Substance Use Disorders Program offers the full range of outpatient services:
- Brief Intervention
- Offered to individuals at risk of developing a substance use disorder. Generally, the patient is provided with insight associated with the impact of continued use while meeting with a clinician for individual counseling.
- Non-Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- This level of care is offered to individuals who met criteria for a substance use disorder and does not require intensive services to address their addiction. Participants enrolled at this level of care are engaged in individual sessions and group sessions on a weekly basis.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Offered to individuals struggling with achieving sobriety. At this level of care patients are assigned 15 hours of services per week for at least six weeks.
- Opioid Treatment Program:
- Patient who struggle with opioid addiction are enrolled in our suboxone program to help manage the addiction. In addition to meeting with a counselor, patients meet with our psychiatrist for this service.
- Continuing Care
- Offered to individuals who have met their treatment plan goals and have achieved sobriety. It is a program designed to provide ongoing support for individuals in recovery.
We accept Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance and offer a sliding fee scale for those with no insurance. Medicaid application assistance is available.
|center||4401 Bronx Blvd, Bronx, NY 10470|
Have questions? We're here to help. Please call 718-304-7070 for additional information.