Mission Values and Philosophy
Mission: Nurses Focused on Ways to Provide Better Patient Care
At Montefiore Medical Center, nurses never lose sight of our one non-negotiable goal of providing the best patient care possible. Nurses do this by focusing on:
- Evidence-based practice,
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and participatory decision-making, and
- Innovation and excellence.
At heart, our nurses’ unwavering dedication to the health of the patients, families and communities we serve reflects the mission, values and goals that have long defined Montefiore and made it one of the nation’s premier medical centers and most trusted names in healthcare.
Values: Nurses Provide the Impetus for Superior Care
Our nurses support critical elements of healthcare services, including:
- Educational, interpersonal and technical competence
- Scientific knowledge and critical thinking
- Scope of service
- Shared governance
- Standards of practice
Led by these values, we established a set of performance measures, including:
- Adjunct faculty appointments
- Community involvement
- Coordinated care management
- Patient/family care
- Patient/physician/employee satisfaction
- Research, publication, and the communication and distribution of findings
- Work as clinical preceptors
Philosophy: Nurses Promote Patients’ Health and Well-Being
Guided by Montefiore's medical and business principles, the nurses are encouraged to:
- Collaborate and integrate with other professional disciplines and services.
- Partner with patients, their families and other healthcare providers throughout the patient's course of care.
- Respect the rights and sensitivities of patients' religious, ethical and cultural beliefs.
- Create a work environment that facilitates and encourages critical thinking.
- Incorporate professional values based on the policies and practices of the American Nurses Association's social policy statement, standards of practice and code for nurses.
- Integrate advanced research into their practice and participation in education, research and communication about nursing practice.
- Join professional and community initiatives both inside and outside of Montefiore.
- Manage resources cost-effectively.
- Develop responses to our dynamic healthcare environment.