Social Work Services
Our highly knowledgeable and dedicated social work staff are here to assist you to cope with illnesses, disabilities and changes in your life. Our licensed social workers provide short-term counseling as well as education about the community resources that are available to you.
These services can include:
- Assisting with entitlements
- Long term planning
- Medicaid and Medicaid recertification
- Food stamps and Meals on Wheels
- Referrals to alternate housing
- Referrals to community agencies
- Access-a-Ride and personal emergency response system
For patients experiencing mental health problems such as depression, anxiety or memory loss, our clinically skilled social workers can perform an evaluation and will contact the your physician.
Patients of all ages can be referred to an appropriate mental health service within their community. Our Geriatric Psychiatry Program provides mental health services in the home, for people who are in our Home Care Program and who are at least 60 years of age.