Our rehabilitation program consists of highly trained therapists. Whether the rehabilitation program calls for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy or a combination of therapies, having these services performed in your home where you can practice in "real life" situations, will give you the best opportunity to reach your highest level of function. Our dedicated therapists can conduct for pre-operative assessments in your home before surgery.
Our physical therapists will help you regain functional independence by:
- Working on ambulation inside the home and in your community
- Teaching you to use of assistive devices
- Strengthening your muscles
- Improving your balance
- Performing Home Safety Evaluations
Our occupational therapists will help you regain functional independence by:
- Teaching you how to transfer in and out of bed
- Teaching you how to dress and groom yourself
Montefiore speech therapists will help patients in improving reading skills and language skills through re-learning how to talk and how to understand what is being spoken as well as working on organizing thoughts and assisting with memory skills. Our speech therapists assist with swallowing disorders and will make modifications to the diet so a patient can eat independently and safely.