Eyes (Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences)
News and Events
Recent developments at the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at Montefiore Medical Center include the following:
- Montefiore opens a new, advanced laser care center in Westchester, NY
- The Department of Visual Sciences is honored by the Bronx Lions Club
In the News
Our ophthalmologists are frequently featured in the media for their eye care expertise.
- Robert Schwarcz, MD, talks to WPX11 about TV correspondent Arthur Chi'en's facial reconstructive surgery
- Roy Chuck, MD, PhD, Chairman of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is featured in USA Today offering insights on blindness treatments; appeared on ABC news segment on cosmetic contact lenses; quoted in American Medical News’ story on how personal electronic devices can impact vision; interviews in this widely syndicated HealthDay.com article about the dangers of laser pointers.
- Barrett Katz, MD commented on eyeball movements and biometrics for an article in Fast Company
- Assumpta Madu, MD, MBA, PharmD, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, is quoted in several media outlets about the health risk associated with contact lenses popularized by singer Lady Gaga. Read the story on Good Morning America, AOLHealth, and BBC
The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences also hosts events, including LASIK Information Seminars. Learn more.