Services and Treatments
Meet the Cardiology Team
Jooyoung J. Shin,MD
- Practice Specialty
- Advanced HF/Transplant Cardio, Cardiology (Heart)
- Medical Education
- George Washington University School of Medicine
- University of Maryland Medical System
- Emory University Hospital
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Section Head, Heart Failure
Fellowship Director, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
Medical Director, Cardiac Transplant and Mechanical Assist Device Program
- Clinical Focus
- Advanced heart failure, cardiac transplantation, mechanical assist devices, fellow education
- Research Focus
- Dr. Shin has a particular research and clinical interest in heart failure and mechanical assist devices.
Jooyoung J. Shin, MD graduated with honors from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and earned her medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences.
Dr. Shin completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Maryland Medical System and fellowships in Cardiovascular Disease and Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia.
In July 2006, Dr. Shin joined the Montefiore Einstein Center for Heart and Vascular Care and three years later was appointed Section Head of Heart Failure. In 2012, assumed the role of Medical Director of Transplant and Mechanical Assist Device Program. Dr. Shin started the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship Program in 2010 and serves currently as the Fellowship Director.