Research and Clinical Trials
Search Cancer Clinical Trials
|Title||Fulvestrant With or Without Bortezomib in Postmenopausal Women With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer|
|Description||The purpose of this trial is to study giving fulvestrant and bortezomib together to see how well they work compared to fulvestrant alone in treating postmenopausal women with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer.|
Estrogen can cause the growth of breast cancer cells. Hormone therapy using fulvestrant may fight breast cancer by lowering the amount of estrogen the body makes.
Bortezomib may stop the growth of breast cancer cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth or by blocking blood flow to the tumor. It is not yet known whether fulvestrant is more effective with or without bortezomib in treating breast cancer.
|Eligibility Criteria||To be eligible for this study, patients must meet several criteria, including but not limited to the following:|
* Patient must be Female 18 Years and older
* Patient must have histologically or cytologically confirmed breast cancer
* Patient must have Stage IV disease or inoperable locally advanced disease
* Patients Age = 55 years with a prior hysterectomy with or without oophorectomy.
* Patient Age less than 55 years with a prior hysterectomy without oophorectomy or unknown status with a documented follicle-stimulating hormone level in postmenopausal range within the past 4 weeks.
* Patient life expectancy must be more than 3 months
|Principal Investigator||Christine Pellegrino, MD|
|Contact Name||Karen Fehn, RN|
|Current Trial Type||Interventional|
|Montefiore Clinical Trial||No|
|CHAM Clinical Trial||No|