Meet the Family Care Center Physicians
Lynn Davidson, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Developmental Pediatrics, Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (Pediatric), Pediatrics
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Board Certified
- Pediatrics, Neurodevelopmental Disabilities, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Physician, The Children's Hospital at Montefiore
- Clinical Focus
- Dr. Davidson focuses on children with special health care needs. She has a particular interest in treating those with autism, attention deficit disorder and cerebral palsy. She also concentrates on neurodevelopmental/behavioral evaluations, helping children transition from adolescence to adulthood and screening children and adolescents for mental health issues in a general pediatric setting.
- Research Focus
- General pediatrics; children with special healthcare needs; neurodevelopment/behavioral evaluations; transition from adolescents to adulthood; screening children and adolescents for mental health issues in a general practice setting
Lynn Davidson, MD, graduated from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai College and completed her residency at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore. She is board certified in Pediatrics, Neurodevelopmental Disabilities and Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics.
Dr. Davidson has been a clinician-educator at CHAM for over two decades. In that capacity she has played an active role in teaching medical students and residents. She provides comprehensive, coordinated and culturally appropriate care to a large population of multi-ethnic patients. She also provides co-located neurodevelopmental-behavioral consultations to the Family Care Center practice.
Dr. Davidson has particular interesting in the successful transition of youth with special health care needs to the adult medical world. She is involved in educational, research and quality improvement transition initiatives both locally and nationally. These included:
- Monthly workshops for residents during their developmental/behavioral rotation, in which we review transitional literature and practices
- Active membership in the International Health Care Transition Research network
- Active membership in the Montefiore Adolescent Primary Care Initiative
- Membership in the interdisciplinary transition group at CHAM, whose goal is to coordinate transition resources
- Ongoing quality improvement and research in incorporating mental health screening in primary care practices
In addition, for nearly 20 years, Dr. Davidson has been a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) District 2, Chapter 3 Committee on Children and Disabilities. She has served as co-chair of the committee since 2007 and is currently a member at large on the Executive Committee for Chapter 3.