Meet the Comprehensive Family Care Center Physicians
Miriam B. Schechter, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- New York University School of Medicine
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Physician, General Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases, and Director of Pediatric Infectious Disease Outpatient Clinic, Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Clinical Focus
- Dr. Schechter is a general pediatrician who splits her time between her active practice and medical student and resident education.
- Research Focus
- General pediatrics; medical student and resident education
Miriam Schechter, MD, is Attending Physician, Division of Academic General Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, and a general pediatrician practicing at the Comprehensive Family Care Center. At Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dr. Schechter is Assistant Professor, Pediatrics; Director, Medical Student Education, Pediatrics; Co-Director, Pediatrics Clerkship; and Director of the fourth-year Pediatric Ambulatory Care Rotatio n. Dr. Schechter joined Montefiore in 1998.`
Dr. Schechter received a bachelor of arts degree in biomedical engineering from Johns Hopkins University and her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine. She completed a residency and chief residency in pediatrics at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. She was an attending physician in the Department of Pediatrics at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx.
Dr. Schechter is the recipient of multiple teaching awards, and she was inducted as a faculty member into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Her research focuses on medical student education.
Dr. Schechter is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.