Meet the Comprehensive Family Care Center Physicians
Miriam B. Schechter, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- New York University School of Medicine
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Main Location
Montefiore Weiler Hospital
1825 Eastchester Road
Bronx, NY 10461-2301
Phone: (718) 405-8040
Get Directions | View Map
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Physician, General Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases, and Director of Pediatric Infectious Disease Outpatient Clinic, Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Clinical Focus
- Dr. Schechter is a general pediatrician who splits her time between her active practice and medical student and resident education.
- Research Focus
- General pediatrics; medical student and resident education
Miriam B. Schechter, MD, received a Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical engineering at the Johns Hopkins University and her medical degree from NYU School of Medicine. She then completed a residency in pediatrics at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she also served as chief resident. She joined the faculty of the Department of Pediatrics at Montefiore and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1993 as a general pediatrician at Jacobi Medical Center. In 1998, she moved to Montefiore, where she has practiced general pediatrics and taught residents and medical students at the Comprehensive Family Care Center ever since.
In 2007 Dr. Schechter was appointed Director of Medical Student Education for the Department of Pediatrics. She is co-director of the Pediatrics Clerkship and director of the fourth year Pediatric Ambulatory Care Rotation and Pediatric Subinternship. She has a special interest in simulation in medical education. She has mentored scores of students and is the recipient of several teaching awards from both the Department of Pediatrics and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She serves on multiple committees at the medical school, and is Chair of its Clinical Directors Subcommittee of the Medical Education Council.
Dr. Schechter is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a member of the Academic Pediatrics Association, and a delegate to the Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics.