Digestive & Liver Diseases (Gastroenterology)
Meet the Comprehensive Liver Program Physicians
John F. Thompson, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
- Medical Education
- Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine
- Wylers Children's Hospital
- Babies Hospital (Columbia)
- Board Certified
- Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Academic Title
- Professor of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Chief, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Clinical Focus
- Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, short bowel syndrome, celiac disease, chronic abdominal pain, liver and intestinal transplantation.
- Research Focus
- General pediatric gastroenterology, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, short bowel syndrome, celiac disease, chronic abdominal pain, liver and intestinal transplantation.
- Dr. Thompson completed his Pediatric Residency at the University of Chicago School of Medicine and his Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Fellowship at Babies Hospital/Columbia University. He was the Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine for 16 years prior to assuming the position of Chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology at The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore. He has earned an international reputation as a leader in the treatment of a full range of complex childhood gastrointestinal and liver conditions including Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, short bowel syndrome, chronic abdominal pain and intestinal transplantation.