Digestive & Liver Diseases (Gastroenterology)
Meet the Comprehensive Liver Program Physicians
John F. Reinus, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Transplant Hepatology (Liver, Gallbladder, Pancreas)
- Medical Education
- Cornell University Medical College
- New York University Medical Center, Bellevue Hospital
- Emory University Hospital
- Board Certified
- Transplant Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
- Main Location
- Bichoupan K, Schwartz JM, Martel-Laferriere V, Giannattasio E, Marfo K, Odin A, Liu LU, Schiano TD, Perumalswami P, Bansal M, Gaglio PJ, Kalia H, Dieterich DT, Branch AD, Reinus JF. Effect of fibrosis on adverse events in patients with hepatitis C treated with telaprevir. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2013;39:209-216.
- Kinkhabwala M, Lindower J, Reinus JF, Principe AL, Gaglio PJ. Expedited liver allocation in the US: a critical analysis. Liver Transplantation 2013;19:1159-1165.
Books and Book Chapters:
- Reinus JF, Simon D, eds. Gastrointestinal Anatomy and Physiology: The Essentials, 1st edition. London: Wiley, 2013. In press.
- Esposti SD, Reinus JF. Gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders in the pregnant patient. In: Feldman M, Friedman L and Brandt LJ, eds. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, 10th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier. 2013. In press.
- Gupta A, Aljanabi A, Pullman J, Gaglio P, Reinus J, Akalin E, de Boccardo G. Spectrum of renal pathology and gene expression profiles of kidney biopsies in patients with cirrhosis listed for liver transplantation. Oral presentation. AASLD 2013.
- Olaywi M, Alani M, Ibrahim A, Giannattasio E, Zaidi H, Said Z, Jibara G, Gaglio P, Reinus JF. Predictors of liver disease progression and survival in urban minority patients deemed ineligible for hepatitis C therapy. Poster presentation. AASLD 2013.
- Olaywi M, Alani M, Ibrahim A, Giannattasio E, Zaidi H, Said Z, Jibara G, Gaglio P, Reinus JF. Mortality and barriers to treatment in urban minority patients deemed ineligible for hepatitis C therapy. Poster presentation. AASLD 2013.
- Olaywi M, Aljanabi A, Al Ani M, Gaglio P, Reinus JF, Akalin E, de Boccardo G. Portal hypertension in cirrhotic patients can cause renal glomerular injury: a case series of patients listed for liver transplantation. Poster presentation. ACG 2013.
- Gupta A, Pullman J, Reinus JF, Broin PO, Bao Y, Gaglio P, Aljanabi A, Golden A, Akalin E, de Boccardo G. Spectrum of renal pathology and gene expression profiles of kidney biopsies in cirrhotic patients listed for liver transplantation. In preparation.
- Reinus JF, Menegus M, de Boccardo G. Clinical evaluation of endothelial dysfunction in patients with cirrhosis requiring orthotopic liver transplantation. IRB approval pending.
- Reinus JF, Alawi M. Mortality during long-term followup of patients ineligible to receive therapy for hepatitis C. In preparation
- Reinus JF, Gaglio PJ, de Boccardo G. Response of hepatorenal syndrome to pressor and diuresis. Planning
- Chair, Data Management Committee. Abbvie M12-999.
- E5501-G000-310: A randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel-group study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of once-daily oral avatrombopag for the treatment of adults with thrombocytopenia associated with liver disease prior to elective procedures. Principal investigator.
- VX11-950-116: An open-label, phase 4 study of telaprevir, peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin in treatment-experienced black-African-American and non-black-African-American subjects with genotype-1 chronic hepatitis C who have not achieved a sustained viral response with a prior course of interferon-based therapy. Principal investigator.
- RNLC2131: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging, multicenter study to assess the efficacy and safety of rifaximin soluble solid dispersion (SSD) tablets for the prevention of complications in subjects with early decompensated liver cirrhosis. Sub-investigator.
- VTI-208: A randomized, open-label, multicenter, controlled study to assess safety and efficacy of ELAD in subjects with alcohol-induced liver decompensation. Sub-investigator.
- IDN-6556-02: A placebo-controlled, multicenter, double-blind, randomized, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics trial of IDN-6556 in subjects with acute-on-chronic liver failure. Sub-investigator.
- Hepatitis Management: The State of the Art. Course Director. Hudson Theatre, New York, New York. May 9-10, 2013.
- HCV: Side-Effects of New Antiviral Agents. Meet the Professor Luncheon, AASLD Annual Meeting, 2013.