Diseases and Conditions
Meet the Melanoma Physicians
Beverly A. Thornhill, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- University of Michigan Medical School
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Board Certified
- Academic Title
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology
- Administrative Title
- Attending Radiologist
- Clinical Focus
- Diagnosis of a wide range of musculoskeletal abnormalities using radiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging (including MR arthrography) and sonography. Therapeutic and diagnostic joint injections.Bone and soft tissue biopsies.
- A graduate of the University of Michigan Medical School, Beverly Thornhill, MD, completed an Internal Medicine internship at Metropolitan Hospital Center in New York City and a Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the Albert Einstein Affiliated Hospitals in the Bronx, New York. She is certified by the American Board of Radiology and specializes in musculoskeletal imaging with expertise in all aspects of the field, including diagnostic and therapeutic imaging and procedures. Dr. Thornhill's areas of particular interest lie in bone and soft tissue tumors, scoliosis, arthritis, and trauma, including sports related injuries. She works closely with orthopedists, including orthopedic oncologists and pediatric orthopedists. An associate professor, Dr. Thornhill teaches radiology residents and directs the one-year Musculoskeletal Radiology fellowship accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education. She is a member of the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America and the American Roentgen Ray Society among other professional societies, and her scholarly activities include speaking at various institutions, presenting educational exhibits at major Radiology meetings, and publications related to musculoskeletal imaging.