Elder Care (Geriatrics)
Meet the Geriatrics Physicians
Amanda M. Jacobs, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Adolescent Medicine (Pediatric), Pediatrics
- Medical Education
- Columbia Univ College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles
- Board Certified
- Adolescent Medicine, Pediatrics
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Attending Physician, The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Clinical Focus
- Contraception, menstrual disorders, adolescent gynecology
- Research Focus
- Cervical dysplasia, contraception, adolescent gynecology
Amanda M. Jacobs, MD, a board-certified specialist in adolescent medicine, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She serves as Medical Director for a Division of Adolescent Medicine-contracted service to provide health care for foster care youth with psychiatric or behavioral disorders at Pleasantville Cottage School, a residential treatment center in Pleasantville, New York. In addition, she has a teaching practice in adolescent medicine at The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore.
Dr. Jacobs earned her bachelor’s degree in biochemistry with honors from Lehigh University in 1994 and her MD degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1999. She completed her pediatrics residency at Montefiore Medical Center and her fellowship in adolescent medicine at the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles in 2006. After her fellowship, she worked in both college health and school health before joining the pediatric faculty at Einstein/Montefiore in 2009.
Dr. Jacobs’s academic interests are centered on adolescent reproductive health, particularly contraception and pregnancy. She teaches medical students, residents and adolescent medicine fellows through her positions as both co-Director of the Adolescent Medicine Fellows Research Seminar and Director of Student and Resident Education for the Division of Adolescent Medicine. Dr. Jacobs has presented numerous lectures, seminars and workshops both regionally and nationally.