Elder Care (Geriatrics)
Meet the Geriatrics Physicians
Hannah I. Lipman, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Cardiology (Heart), Geriatric Medicine, Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Medical Education
- Columbia Univ College of Physicians and Surgeons
- University of Michigan Medical Center
- Tufts New England Medical Center
Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Board Certified
- Geriatric Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Divisions of Geriatrics and Cardiology
- Administrative Title
- Associate Director, Montefiore Einstein Center for Bioethics
- Clinical Focus
- General and Geriatric Cardiology, Hospital Care of Older Adults, Clinical Bioethics
- Research Focus
- Communication, Surrogate Decision Making, Clinical Bioethics, Bioethics Education
A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Northwestern University, Hannah I. Lipman, MD, MS, receive her medical degree from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University.
Dr. Lipman completed her internal medicine residency at University of Michigan Health System; a cardiology fellowship was at Tufts New England Medical Center and Mount Sinai School of Medicine; and an integrated Geriatrics and Palliative Care fellowship at The Mount Sinai Medical Center. She is board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
Dr. Lipman, a graduate of the Montefiore-Einstein Certificate Program in Bioethics and Medical Humanities, is the Associate Director of the Montefiore–Einstein Center for Bioethics and Chief of the Bioethics Consultation Service.
The Bioethics Consultation Service serves patients, families and other surrogates, and health care providers to help resolve bioethical dilemmas and resolve conflict in patient care. Dr. Lipman teaches bioethics throughout the medical center and medical school.