Digestive & Liver Diseases (Gastroenterology)
Meet the Liver Cancer Physicians
Madhur K. Garg, MD
- Radiation Oncology
- Practice Specialty
- Radiation Oncology (Cancer)
- Medical Education
- King George Medical College
- Kings George Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center
- Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Board Certified
- Radiation Oncology
- Main Location
Montefiore Medical Park at 1625 Poplar
1625 Poplar Street
Bronx, NY 10461-2653
Phone: (718) 405-8550
Fax: (718) 405-8551
Get Directions | View MapMontefiore Dobbs Ferry Practice
18 Ashford Avenue
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522-1823
Phone: (914) 478-2460
Fax: (718) 882-6914
Get Directions | View MapMontefiore M-E Center for Cancer Care
1521 Jarrett Place
Bronx, NY 10461-2606
Phone: (718) 862-8840
Get Directions | View Map
- Academic Title
- Professor, Radiation Oncology and Otolaryngology
- Administrative Title
- Clinical Director, Radiation Oncology
Co-Director, Stereotactic Radiosurgery Program
- Clinical Focus
- Advanced technologies in radiation oncology with a focus on stereotactic targeting, functional imaging and adaptive planning.
- Research Focus
- Translational research involving anti-angiogenesis and radiosensitivity. Dr. Garg is a principal investigator of several national and international research studies involving novel cancer treatment modalities and actively involved in quality of life and health care disparities issues for cancer patients.
Madhur Garg earned his medical degree at King George's Medical College and completed his residency in radiation oncology at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Hospital in Chicago and Montefiore in New York. He also completed a specialized fellowship at Wayne State University in Detroit.
Dr. Garg is the recipient of the prestigious American Society of Clinical Oncology's Young Investigator's Award and the Department of Defense Physician Research Award. He is listed as one of the "New York Top Doctors," "America's Top Oncologists" and "Best Doctors in America".
Dr. Garg serves on several Montefiore and Einstein committees, as well as international societies such as the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American College of Radiology and the American Society for Radiation Oncology. He is on the reviewer boards for several journals, including International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics.