Meet the Urology Physicians
Joshua M. Stern, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Tufts New England Medical Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certified
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Urology, Albert Einstein School of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Director of Ablative Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center
- Clinical Focus
- Specialization in complex kidney stone disease, focal ablation, and urologic cancers of the kidney and prostate.
- Research Focus
- Dr. Stern’s research focuses on the benefits of ablative surgery and the use of gold nanoparticles to focally ablate prostate cancer. He also investigates the role of diabetes and obesity on kidney stone development. His team is using novel methods to look into the root cause of kidney stone development.
Joshua Michael Stern, MD — a graduate, with honors, of the Cornell University Medical College — completed his residency in urology at the University of Texas Southwestern, and fellowship training in minimally invasive surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. He also completed a general surgery internship at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Prior to joining Montefiore, Dr. Stern served as Assistant Professor of Urology at Winchester Hospital, an affiliate of Tufts Medical Center. He is board certified in urology.
An active researcher and teacher, Dr. Stern serves as:
- Medical Student Clerkship Director for Urology at Einstein
- Member of the Einstein Council
- Member of the National Young Urologists Committee for the American Urological Association.
- Reviewer for Journal of Endourology and Journal of Urology.