Meet the Urology Physicians
Joshua M. Stern, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Tufts New England Medical Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certified
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Urology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Clinical Focus
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy, Robotic Prostatectomy, Ablation of Kidney Cancer
- Research Focus
- To study the effects of Focal ablation of prostate and kidney tumors. Ongoing studies using gold Nanoparticles to ablate prostate cancer in a focal benign tissue sparing modality.
Dr. Joshua Stern is a graduate of The University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia PA. He went on to graduate medical school with Honors in Research from the Cornell Medical School.
Dr. Stern would go on to complete his Urology residency at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. While there, he trained with leaders in surgical innovation for the treatment of both prostate and kidney cancer. His focus was on the minimally invasive treatments of prostate cancer and on developing expertise in radio frequency ablation of kidney cancer. He is well published on the subject of ablative and minimally invasive technology and has plans to continue his research using gold nanoparticles to focally treat prostate cancer.
Following his residency he was selected to one of the busiest robotic fellowships in the country at the University of Pennsylvania where he honed his skills, performing over 350 robotic kidney and prostate surgeries. Dr. Stern’s experience in this field has led him to his current position, as a Urologic Robotic Surgeon at the Einstein Campus and the Director of Urologic Ablative Surgery. He is also currently starting a Urologic Ablative Program at Montefiore Medical Center and joins Drs. Reza Ghavamian and Pedro Maria as part of the Urologic Robotic team.