Meet the Urology Physicians
Joshua M. Stern, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Tufts New England Medical Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certified
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Assistant Professor of Urology, Albert Einstein School of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Director of Ablative Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center
- Clinical Focus
- Specialization in complex kidney stone disease, focal ablation, and urologic cancers of the kidney and prostate.
- Research Focus
- Dr. Stern’s research focuses on the benefits of ablative surgery and the use of gold nanoparticles to focally ablate prostate cancer. He also investigates the role of diabetes and obesity on kidney stone development. His team is using novel methods to look into the root cause of kidney stone development.
- Dr. Stern, Assistant Professor, Urology, joined the Montefiore and Einstein faculty in 2012. He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Cornell University, where he received his undergraduate and graduate medical education. Dr. Stern served as a resident in urology at the University of Texas, Southwestern, and completed fellowship training in minimally invasive surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. An active researcher and teacher, Dr. Stern also has a busy clinical practice in which he sees patients who require the management of complex kidney stone disease and patients with urologic cancers of the kidney and prostate.