Mark H. Einstein, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health
- Practice Specialty
- Gynecologic Oncology (Cancer), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- St Barnabas Medical Center - Livingston
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Board Certified
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Main Location
Montefiore Medical Center
111 East 210th Street
Bronx, NY 10467-2401
Phone: (718) 920-5157
Fax: (718) 920-6313
Get Directions | View MapMontefiore Centennial
3332 Rochambeau Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467-2836
Phone: (718) 920-5157
Fax: (718) 920-6311
Get Directions | View Map
- Research Focus
- Dr. Einstein’s primary research interests focus on the pathogenesis, therapy and prevention of cervical cancer. His translational work in cervical cancer is multi-faceted; investigating the host and virally-induced epigenetic, genetic and immune profiles along the malignant transformation path to provide insight into the process of cervical carcinogenesis.
Dr. Mark Einstein—a board certified Gynecologic Oncologist—is active in clinical trial cooperative groups as Co-Chair of the NRG (formerly the Gynecologic Oncology Group) Immunotherapy Subcommittee and a voting member of the NRG Cancer Prevention and Control Committee, as well as a prior member of the NRG Cervix Committee.
He is on the HPV working group of the NCI Aids Malignancy Consortium and leads their Cervical Cancer efforts in the setting of HIV. He is also an active member and Co-Chair of the Gynecological Cancer Workgroup of the New York Cancer Consortium and NY GOG and is the PI of many of its gynecologic cancer therapeutics trials accruing patients throughout New York hospitals.
He has been active in translating clinical trial and translational data into clinical practices regarding cervical cancer prevention including being a:
- Member of the Steering Committee for the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP) Cervical Screening and Management Guidelines.
- Workgroup member of the American Cancer Society and the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists separate recommendations for HPV vaccines.
- A consultant to the World Health Organization (WHO), developing their modules on the immunologic basis of HPV vaccines, and harmonizing with current cervical cancer screening.
Dr. Einstein is also Chair of the Foundation for Women's Cancers (formerly Gynecologic Cancer Foundation) National Cervical Cancer Public Education Campaign and a prior member of their Board of Directors. He is Board Member of the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, the organization that leads most of the US cervical cancer screening recommendations, including the most recent cervical cancer screening recommendations and abnormal testing management guidelines. Dr. Einstein is a Fellow of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.