Joseph H. Shin, MD
- Practice Specialty
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Surgical Specialties
- Medical Education
- University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Yale - New Haven Hospital, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Miami Childrens Hospital
- Board Certified
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Main Location
Montefiore Greene Medical Arts Pavilion
3400 Bainbridge Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467-2404
Phone: (866) 633-8255
Get Directions | View MapMontefiore M-E Center for Cancer Care
1521 Jarrett Place
Bronx, NY 10461-2606
Phone: (718) 862-8840
Fax: (718) 862-8850
Get Directions | View MapMontefiore Medical Group-Bronx East
2300 Westchester Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462-5072
Phone: (718) 409-8938
Fax: (718) 920-6803
Get Directions | View MapMontefiore Medical Center
111 East 210th Street
Bronx, NY 10467-2401
Phone: (718) 920-4321
Fax: (718) 405-8345
Get Directions | View Map
- Academic Title
- Professor of Clinical Surgery
- Administrative Title
- Chief, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Clinical Focus
- Craniofacial disorders including craniosynostosis, cleft lip and palate.
- Research Focus
- Plagiocephaly and neurodevelopment in twins, outpatient breast reduction mammoplasty and the surgical management of craniofacial disorders.
Dr. Shin earned his medical degree at the University of Alabama School of Medicine. At Yale, he completed a general surgery internship, plastic and reconstructive surgery residency and a molecular biology fellowship. He completed a craniofacial fellowship at Miami Children's Hospital. Dr. Shin is board certified in general surgery and plastic surgery.
Dr. Shin previously held positions as Chief for both the divisions of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Wound Care at Baystate Medical Center of Tufts University in Boston, and Director of the Yale Craniofacial Center.
Dr. Shin is a member of the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Association of Plastic Surgeons and American Board of Plastic Surgery, among many other professional societies.
In his grant-supported research, Dr. Shin leads studies investigating plagiocephaly and neurodevelopment in twins, outpatient breast reduction mammoplasty and the surgical management of craniofacial disorders. He has served on many humanitarian surgical missions, including Operation Smile, performing cleft lip, palate and plastic surgery in South America, Mexico, Morocco and the Middle East.