- Practice Specialty
- Medical Education
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- New York University Medical Center
- Main Location
- Academic Title
- Professor of Surgery
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Vice President and Chief Quality Officer
Vice Chairman, Quality Improvement and Performance
- Clinical Focus
- pancreatitis (acute and chronic) and pancreatic neoplasms (benign and malignant)
- Research Focus
- Peter Shamamian, MD is a clinical specialist and researcher in pancreatic diseases. He has a special interest in minimally-invasive and laparoscopic operative alternatives to treat these diseases.
Dr. Shamamian is a graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine. Dr. Shamamian completed his general surgery residency at NYU Medical Center and Bellevue Hospital in New York. He completed a two year clinical oncology fellowship in the Surgery Branch of the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health.
Dr. Shamamian is a diplomate of the American Board of Surgery and has authored more than 50 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. He is a member of numerous professional societies including the American College of Surgeons, Society of University Surgeons, American Association for Cancer Research, and the Society of Surgical Oncology. He is listed in the Best Doctors of America.