Peter S. Bernstein, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health
- Practice Specialty
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Medical Education
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Yale - New Haven Hospital
- Board Certified
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Academic Title
- Professor of Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health, and Program Director of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Administrative Title
- Director, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division
Director, Perinatal Network Development and Quality
- Clinical Focus
- Development of a comprehensive patient safety program that includes team training, medical simulation, and systems redesign.
- Research Focus
- Developing improved systems of prenatal and perinatal care through the development of an electronic prenatal medical record, the implementation and promotion of a revolutionary model of group prenatal care (Centering Pregnancy), and the creation of a training program utilizing obstetrical simulations.
Peter S. Bernstein, MD, MPH, completed his training in obstetrics and gynecology at Yale-New Haven Hospital and his clinical fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at Einstein. He earned a Master of Public Health degree at Columbia University.
Dr. Bernstein—who served as Medical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Comprehensive Family Care Center from 1998 to 2007—currently:
- Serves on a panel for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that has issued several publications on improving preconception care.
- Has been designated as the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health ‘Physician Champion’ for the Montefiore Medical Center Outcomes Research Team as a result of his expertise in outcomes research.
Dr. Bernstein is nationally recognized in the area of preconception care.